A Ballarat man who allegedly assaulted a person with a metal pole after trespassing into an apartment complex in Melbourne has appeared at court.
Police made an application to revoke bail for 20-year-old Bryce O'Donnell at the Melbourne Magistrates' Court on Tuesday.
Magistrate Donna Bakos revoked O'Donnell's bail on nine charges laid by Senior Constable James Maddock in March last year.
The charges relate to allegations O'Donnell entered as a trespasser into an apartment complex in Malvern carrying a metal pole with an intent to assault a person on January 8, 2020.
He is charged with recklessly causing injury to a person on the same day, unlawfully assaulting a person with the metal pole and imprisoning and detaining the person against their will.
Police allege he stole a car at Southbank in March 2020, stole other items including lawn bowls and a handbag in Dandenong and dealt with the proceeds of crime in Endeavour Hills.
A Ballarat legal aid defence lawyer said she did not oppose the police application to revoke bail on those charges.
Ms Bakos said the undertaking of bail that was fixed by the Supreme Court was now revoked.
Other charges laid by a different informant were adjourned to later in March for a mention.
Ms Bakos said she expected the matters to have progressed by then.
If you are seeing this message you are a loyal digital subscriber to The Courier, as we made this story available only to subscribers. Thank you very much for your support and allowing us to continue telling Ballarat's story. We appreciate your support of journalism in our great city.