UPDATED 11.45am: State testing commander Jeroen Weimar has confirmed one new positive case in Ballarat on Monday.
Speaking to reporters, he said it was the partner of a previously known positive case.
It follows two new cases announced on Sunday.
CHECK THE MAP: Where are all the exposure sites in Ballarat?
Several new exposure sites in Ballarat were added across the weekend including, Carls Jr in Creswick Road, the Cheesecake Shop in Sturt Street and Broadbents office in Gillies Street, but no new sites have been added to the DHHS website today.
Drive-through testing is still operating at the Marty Busch Reserve in Sebastopol.
The state government has continued to urge people to get vaccinated as soon as possible, with thousands of appointments available, including for Moderna through GPs and pharmacies.
Extra funding for pharmacies and GPs in targeted metropolitan areas will be made available to increase vaccine delivery rates, with more funding to be announced for regional areas soon.
Victoria has recorded 705 new locally acquired COVID-19 cases and one death.
The new infections bring the number of active cases in the state to 8538.
The state's health department said more information would be provided on the death later on Monday.
It brings the toll from the current outbreak to 25.There were 51,252 coronavirus tests processed and 29,657 vaccine doses administered at state-run hubs on Sunday.
The figures follow a difficult weekend with two new cases in Ballarat and four new exposure sites.
However no new exposure sites were added to the DHHS website for periods during the week late on Sunday.
This followed a record Saturday announcement with Victoria recording 847 new locally acquired COVID-19 cases and 779 on Sunday and another death from the virus.
Restrictions, including a return to golf and tennis, will ease slightly across the state on Wednesday, with Victoria expected to pass 80 per cent single dose vaccination coverage on Tuesday.
Premier Daniel Andrews said while the changes were "modest", the state is getting closer to the end of lockdown.
Residents of locked down areas will be able to travel 15km from home, up from 10, while patron caps in regional venues will increase from 20 to 30.
There was also good news for the city of Geelong, which will be released from lockdown at midnight, despite the diagnosis of six new cases on Saturday.
All cases were linked.
A series of "vaccinated economy" trials were also announced on Sunday, to begin across some regional Victorian businesses from October 11.
Select businesses in Buloke, Pyrenees, Bass Coast, Bendigo, East Gippsland and Warrnambool will test systems in the fortnight before Victoria is due to hit the 70 per cent double dose vaccination mark.
The 20 trial sites will be selected based on vaccination rates and case numbers.
Among the issues to be explored during the trials are vaccine status verification and how to help businesses safely deal with aggressive customers who are denied service.
V/Line train services return to a full timetable for all services on all lines on Monday after a COVID-19 outbreak that limited services and saw buses replace trains on some lines.
Another 779 new locally acquired COVID-19 infections and two further deaths were reported on Sunday. The state is now host to more than 8000 active cases.
More than 77 per cent of Victorians aged 16 and over have now had at least one dose of a COVID-19 vaccine, while more than 47 per cent have had two doses.
- with AAP
Have you signed up to The Courier's variety of news emails? You can register below and make sure you are up to date with everything that's happening in Ballarat.