Two males have been remanded in custody by a magistrate after a dramatic police chase in a stolen car around Ballarat on Monday morning.
Jayden Pring, 19, refused to appear in the courtroom of the Ballarat Magistrates' Court on Tuesday morning.
His defence lawyer David Tamanika said he would not make an application for bail.
The court heard Pring, from Wendouree, was due to return to court in December for other criminal matters that were part-heard by another magistrate.
Pring's co-accused, a 15-year-old male who cannot be named, appeared via video link to a Children's Court from police custody with his arm in a bandage and sling.
He also did not make an application for bail.
His lawyer said the teenager had been in hospital overnight for his injuries, which seemed to be caused by events during his arrest.
The lawyer asked for his client to be assessed further by a medical clinician after being transferred from the police cells to custody.
Pring and the co-accused are charged over an alleged aggravated burglary.
According to police, a number of people entered a Stafford Court home about 8am as the occupants of the Lake Wendouree home slept.
The offenders allegedly stole car keys for two Mercedez Benz's before fleeing in the cars, which were seen being driven in Ballarat a short time later.
Police units on the ground were assisted by the police airwing to attempt to intercept one of the cars, a white Mercedes SUV.
Police attempted to stop the car by deploying stop sticks in various locations, including on Sturt Street and near Eastern Oval.
About 10am the car pulled over in Spencer Street, Canadian, and police were able to apprehend Pring and his co-accused who had allegedly been travelling in the car.
Both were charged with a string of offences, including aggravated burglary, theft of motor car and driving offences.
The second allegedly stolen Mercedes was found dumped on Larter Street in Ballarat East, with the driver yet to be located.
Charge sheets obtained by The Courier reveal the car Pring allegedly stole was valued at $180,000.
Pring is charged with dangerous driving, failing to stop on police direction, driving unlicensed and speeding.
The Courier did not obtain charge sheets for the 15-year-old.
Pring and his co-accused will return to court in November for a mention.
If you are seeing this message you are a loyal digital subscriber to The Courier, as we made this story available only to subscribers. Thank you very much for your support and allowing us to continue telling Ballarat's story. We appreciate your support of journalism in our great city.