CRESWICK won the Ballarat District Bowls Division Christmas fours yesterday, winning three games from three at Sebastopol Bowling Club.
It won with 84 points, Elizabeth Bennett as skipper, Frances Grady in third, second Barb Toth and lead Liz Hocking.
Creswick was one of six teams to take three wins, so the overall winner was calculated from points.
The 28 teams participating were awarded 20 points for a win, and one point for each end won.
A BDBD team came runner-up, with Kay Geddes as skipper, Marilyn Blake in third, Sandra Chapman in second and Helen Mizzeni as leader on 81 points.
The team to take the scattered rink was Barbara Kinnersley, Judy Caddy, Ann Gladman and N Hanraham.
• The state singles final will be held today. Avenue’s Marie Russell and Smeaton’s Lyn Taylor will play in a very hotly contested final at City Oval.
• Entries for novelty four teams must be in by December 17. The draw will be out early in the new year.
• The countdown begins in the midweek pennant. Our last game for the year will be played on December 17, round 12.
Bowling will resume for round 13 on Monday, January 7.
• Entries for the Heartbeat Bowls Tournament are due by December 15, with draws out on approximately December 19. The tournament will be played at City Oval and Webbcona.
• Bowlers have a healthy and happy holidays and enjoy your pennant break-up.
State fours runners-up should have read last week Midlands: Jan Vincent (Skip), Allison Slee, D Denning, L Mason.
• Predictions for round 12
Division one: Daylesford v Central Wendouree A - an upset, Daylesford will win
Division two: Sebastopol B v B.M.S – I’ll take a challenge and go for Sebastopol
Division three: Smeaton, V’s Invermay – home side Smeaton
Division four: Midlands v City Oval – City Oval are quite strong this season, although Midlands green will be a challenge)
Nora Thornhill is the Ballarat District Bowls Division publishing officer