10:45am: Advocate photographer Katrina Dodd has left the office for the wild West Coast to photograph the Storm Chasers.
SUNDAY, 9.20am: TEMMA has been chosen as the ideal location for today's Red Bull Storm Chase action.
Riders are being taken out to sea with Sea-Doos, and the next announcement will be at 9.45am.
SATURDAY: MISSION two of the Red Bull Storm Chase is likely to start tomorrow.
Organisers will assess the conditions at Marrawah early tomorrow morning at three different locations in the area.
The Storm Chase team said competition will most likely be held tomorrow and Monday, with results on Monday, but this is up to the weather.
The forecast for tomorrow and Monday is still favourable for the competition, with winds of more than 100km/h predicted.
The swell is also predicted to be of favourable size with 8.5-metre swells forecast for tomorrow and Monday.
The RBSC website has been flooded with photos of the crews landing in Launceston and travelling through to Marrawah.
Sport and athlete manager Klaas Voget was taken back by the beauty of Tasmania, even if he hadn't stopped moving for more than 48 hours on his way to Marrawah.
Athletes will arrive on the scene during the day today after travelling from all parts of Europe and the US.
Just six sailors are left in the competition and after the Marrawah event, it will be down to the final four.
EARLIER: Red Bull Storm Chase location manager John Pott said a storm approaching Tasmania's West Coast had all the perfect features for the competition.
Mr Pott said the international squad of the world's best windsurfers were on standby and could be in Tasmania on Thursday or Friday.
With the Roaring Forties storm heading for Marrawah, the competition could begin as early as Saturday.
"We are booking and holding gear,'' Mr Pott said yesterday.
"Because I know the area, it is a definite strong possibility.''
If the storm eventuates, windsurfers will brave 65-knot winds at Marrawah after coming straight from the Professional Windsurfers Association Tenerife World Cup in Spain.
Mr Pott said the storm heading for Marrawah was "a compact little storm that doesn't have lots of breaks''.
"Everything increases when that happens, like a bigger ground swell.''
The North-West Coast sits as the top contender for stage two of the championships, over France, America, Spain, Iceland and Japan. ``Mission 1'' of the series was hosted in Ireland where six of the 10 windsurfers advanced.
For the RBSC crew to come to Tasmania, Marrawah must list a storm of more than 10 on the Beaufort scale.
That means winds of around 100km/h and waves of around 12 metres.
The Red Bull Storm Chase website issued a severe elevated storm warning yesterday.
More than dampened spirits will be on the line if the storm dissipates with the windersurfers already in Tasmania.
"We are set to lose $80,000 if we get this wrong,'' Mr Pott said.