Wendouree Cricket Club has recognised four longstanding contributors by naming new training facilities in their honour.
The Red Caps’ training complex at CE Brown Reserve now bears the name Geoff McRae, while individual lanes honour the Leach, Cunningham, Brady and Pyke families.
Club president Max Drew revealed the names in a special ceremony on Sunday.
McRae has been at Wendouree since the mid-1960s, winning the EJ Cleary Medal in 1967-68 and taking of the firsts captaincy in 1969-70.
He captained three premiership teams and played in another four.
He was also VCCL president for 10 years from 1991.
- PYKES: Ivan’s contributions including nine years as president. His son Heath, who continues to play, has been a premiership captain and Vic Country captain.
- CUNNINGHAMS: Geoff and Bill arrived at the club in 1947-48. The next generation of Jenny, Christine, Philip and Robert continued to be involved, with Philip and Roberts playing firsts.
- LEACHES: Barry and Bev Leach had administrative roles from the 1980s. Sons Andrew and Peter had longstanding playing careers. Andrew, a Cleary Medallist, represented Vic Country and Australian Country.
- BRADYS: Peter arrived in 1972-73, going onto a Cleary Medal and being dominant player in BCA. Vic Country and Australian Country representative, including internationals. Also club present. Son Liam is firsts vice-captain.
Robert and Philip Cunningham
Barry, Bev and Andrew Leach