A former Sovereign Hill employee accused of sexually assaulting a co-worker will face a contested mention next month.
Mark William Burnett, 42, appeared at the Ballarat Magistrates Court on Thursday over an allegation he sexually assaulted the woman at Ballarat's outdoor museum in 2016.
His lawyer, Graham Hills, requested the case be adjourned to a contested mention on February 14.
A contested mention is a step used to resolve matters that are going to be a contested hearing/plea of not guilty.
Magistrate Alan Spillane agreed to adjourn the case, but he refused an application for the defence counsel to inspect subpoenaed material.
Mr Spillane said the vast majority of the material related to uncharged acts.
"I don't think there is anything there that would assist your client," Mr Spillane told Mr Hill.
Burnett's charge sheet reads: "In late September/early October 2016 in Ballarat, the accused did sexually assault the victim by grabbing her breasts without consent".
He had previously been on paid leave since The Courier exclusively revealed details of the alleged sexual assault in February, 2018.
Burnett, who wore a sky blue suit in court on Thursday, will return to the Ballarat Magistrates Court on February 14.
His bail was extended until then.