Legendary football identity Danny Frawley made a massive impact in not just Ballarat but across Australia.
A familiar face around Ballarat, the man known as "Spud" never forgot where he came from.
AT A GLANCE
- Recruited from St Patrick's Ballarat
- St Kilda Football Club - 1984-1995 240 games, 13 goals
- Captain 1987-1995, second longest serving captain
- Victoria - 11 games from 1987-1994
- St Kilda best and fairest - 1988
- All Australian - 1988
- St Kilda's hall of fame - 2007
- Coached Richmond 2000-04 - 45 wins, 68 losses
- Fox Footy, co-host of Bounce with Jason Dunstall and Cameron Mooney
- 1116 SEN Footy team on Friday nights and Sunday afternoons
See The Courier's photo gallery below of Frawley in Ballarat from over the years.
Have you signed up to The Courier's variety of news emails? You can register below and make sure you are up to date with everything that's happening in Ballarat.