UPDATE, 5.50pm: The man who died following a workplace incident at Delacombe on Tuesday at construction company Pipecon was among those assisting in attempts to free two men trapped in a trench collapse in March 2018, The Courier understands. Charlie Howkins and Jack Brownlee, who were working on the Winterfield Estate in Ballarat two years ago, died from their injuries when they were caught under tonnes of soil. Despite the frantic efforts of their colleagues and others at the site, Howkins died at the site and Brownlee the next day in hospital. Pipecon is charged with two alleged breaches of the Occupational Health and Safety Act but are contesting the charges. That matter is now the subject of a trial being heard in the County Court in Ballarat and was scheduled for a directions hearing today. In a statement released by WorkSafe on Wednesday, the health and safety regulator confirmed a 61-year-old truck driver died after being run over in an industrial yard at Delacombe in the latest workplace tragedy. "The man died while being transported to hospital following an incident involving a truck and trailer at the depot at about 3:40pm," the statement said. WorkSafe is currently investigating the site. The fatality brings the number of workplace deaths this year to five, which is two more than at the same time last year. New industrial manslaughter laws brought before state parliament last year, under which offenders found guilty of offences under the Occupational Health and Safety Act could face up to 20 years in jail, are not due to gain assent until July 2020. In a statement, Minister for Workplace Safety Jill Hennessy said the death is a devastating tragedy; "My thoughts are with all those involved during what must be an unimaginable time." Pipecon has not released a statement. UPDATE, WEDNESDAY 1.55PM: Delacombe business Pipecon remains closed today following the latest workplace incident in which a 62-year-old man was killed on Tuesday afternoon. The gates of the Icon Drive business are locked, with a notice referring all enquiries to a Ballarat public relations firm. The Courier has tried contacting Pipecon and the PR firm on Wednesday but has been unsuccessful. WorkSafe said the man died after being run over. The incident involved a trailer and a truck, according to WorkSafe. It is also not clear whether the man was an employee of Pipecon. WorkSafe inspectors are also on site on Thursday. Have you signed up to The Courier's daily newsletter and breaking news emails? You can register below and make sure you are up to date with everything that's happening in Ballarat.