Health authorities have assured people there is no need to stockpile food or panic-buy medical supplies as coronavirus infections spread across the globe.
As of yesterday there have been 29 confirmed cases of coronavirus COVID-19 in Australia including nine in Victoria.
A 78-year-old man who had been on the Diamond Princess cruise died in Perth over the weekend - Australian first coronavirus death.
A Ballarat Health Services spokeswoman confirmed there have been no cases of coronavirus treated at Ballarat Base Hospital.
Over the weekend the federal government extended travel bans for non-residents arriving in Australia to include Iran in addition to mainland China, with high levels of infection in Italy and South Korea also raising concerns.
On Monday, Australia's chief medical officer Brendan Murphy warned it was no longer possible to prevent new cases of coronavirus arriving in Australia.
Australian Medical Association president Tony Bartone said there was no need for Australians to panic.
"There's no reason to go out and panic buy ... the almost bunker level materials at this present time. We've seen some of the pictures, reports and the queues outside of supermarkets are completely disproportionate to the issues at hand," he told Melbourne media.
YOU MIGHT LIKE: Much-needed face-lift for 'shabby' space of traditional owners
"My message is for everyone to take heed of the public health messaging ... to keep themselves as best prepared, to practice good hygiene measures and, if they've got symptoms, to stay away from the workplace - we don't need to spread other conditions around."
Symptoms of COVID-19 include fever, breathing difficulties such as breathlessness, cough, sore throat, fatigue or tiredness making it hard to distinguish from influenza or colds.
Have you signed up to The Courier's daily newsletter and breaking news emails? You can register below and make sure you are up to date with everything that's happening in Ballarat.