Basketball Ballarat celebrated a successful return to junior competition last week, but it will take time for people to adjust to COVID-19 health measures.
More than 160 games were played in the first round of the season. Social distancing rules were enforced as soon as players reached the car park, with people forming orderly ques as they accessed their court before game time.
Basketball Ballarat chief executive Peter Eddy said the association was mostly happy with the response to the measures, however there were some who missed the 10-minute arrival time window.
"Like anything, change is always hard, especially when people are used to arriving when they want, and it's harder in an environment when people are feeling anxious," he said.
Ballarat Basketball re-launched last Monday and had games on Tuesday, Friday and Saturday as well. Round two is taking place this week.
Eddy was confident the new rules were manageable going forward.
"It just takes a bit of education. Across the region there is a real sense of goodwill of people trying to do the right thing," he said.
"This week we really have an expectation that everyone now is around what they have to do and we are positive that 99 per cent of people want to do the right thing."
The season will be a lightning premiership-style competition held across 10 weeks of winter and Spring.
Each division comprises of 11 teams and finals will be played on September 14.
Game lengths remain as normal, with 20-minute halves.
In the event that the season is forced to pause for more than two weeks, the current format will be extended until December.