Ballarat District Bowls Division is preparing for a significantly later start to its pennant seasons.
BDBD president Marilyn Blake says she will not be surprised if the Saturday and Monday pennants are delayed until the new year owing to the impact of COVID-19 pandemic.
She said this was the general feeling among the BDBD's 24 club presidents, who met electronically over two sessions.
Blake said it would take sometime from the time restrictions were lifted - whenever that might - to get everything in place for a start to full-scale competition.
"We're going to need time to put everyting in place."
She said pennant plans had been progressing before the State Government introduced stage three restrictions.
Up to 32 players had been permitted on greens, but this has been cut to 10 and no form of competition is permitted. Clubhouses are also off limits.
The BDBD match committee has drafted pennant fixtures for six Saturday divisions and three Monday divisions.
Blake said with clubs still to firm up player numbers it had not been possible to go any further.
Saturday pennant had nine divisions last season and Monday pennant five.
Blake said while pennant faced a long delay, there was a possibility that championship events which could be played on a smaller scale might be able to make a start before the end of the year.
The lifting of COVID-related restrictions would determine a timeline.