A 22-year-old unlicensed driver accused of carrying a traffickable quantity of ice when he drove on the wrong side of the road and collided head-on with a B-double truck has been re-arrested.
Riley Bartlett-Smith was arrested on Wednesday after allegedly breaching a curfew condition on his bail, the Ballarat Magistrates' Court was told.
His bail conditions included to live at his parent's Bacchus Marsh property and not to leave the house unless he had a court-related appointment, which must be with his parents.
He wasn't brought into the court room on Thursday, but his lawyer Adrian Paull said he understood what was happening with his case.
Mr Paull said Bartlett-Smith would not apply for bail and he sought an adjournment to next month for a possible resolution or sentence indication.
The court had been told at a bail application hearing in April, Bartlett-Smith was allegedly driving a stolen Nissan Pathfinder when a collision occurred on Gisborne Road, Bacchus Marsh, at 6pm on April 6.
Police allege he drove on the wrong side of the road and collided head-on with a B-double truck.
When he emerged from the damaged vehicle, witnesses allegedly saw Bartlett-Smith throw two bags of methamphetamine, later spot tested and weighed in at six grams - twice the traffickable quantity.
Police say one of the witnesses held Bartlett-Smith down until police arrived and officers observed him as being drug-affected. He was transported to the Royal Melbourne Hospital.
The Bacchus Marsh man was allegedly found with more than $1000 cash in his pocket, alleged to be the proceeds of crime.
He was granted bail on April 8.
Magistrate Jon Klestadt noted Bartlett-Smith's custody management issues as withdrawal from ice, a foot injury and his vulnerability due to his age and youthful appearance.
His charges include possessing a trafficable quantity of methamphetamine and reckless conduct endangering serious injury.
Bartlett-Smith was remanded to re-appear in court in October.
If you are seeing this message you are a loyal digital subscriber to The Courier, as we made this story available only to subscribers. Thank you very much for your support and allowing us to continue telling Ballarat's story. We appreciate your support of journalism in our great city.