A former White Ribbon ambassador has been found guilty of nine charges of raping his wife.
The man, who cannot be named to protect the victim's identity, was taken into custody after a jury delivered its verdict at the County Court in Ballarat on Friday after a lengthy trial.
He was also found guilty of two charges of assault and one charge of threat to inflict serious injury.
The 12-person jury delivered its verdict on Friday afternoon after almost three days of deliberation.
The 43-year-old was found not guilty of three charges of rape.
The jury unanimously found him guilty of two charges of rape.
The finding of guilt on all other charges was made by majority of 11 out of 12 jurors.
The jury heard evidence from the man himself, his wife and other witnesses during a two-and-a-half week trial.
The court heard the victim felt there was a constant threat of punishment in their marriage if she did not follow the man's sexual fantasies, including her having sex with other men.
The offences arose out of five different incidents at the couple's family home occurring from January 2011 to September 2015.
The man and the victim had been married for 13 years and had children before they separated in March 2016.
In the same year, the victim reported the allegations to the police and the man was arrested in 2017.
Evidence to the court revealed the man choked his wife for sexual pleasure.
The man was found guilty of urinating on the complainant, shoving his penis down her throat until she vomited and squeezing her breasts hard causing pain.
He was found guilty of sticking his fingers into her anus and forced her to have anal sex saying 'no' was no longer an option.
The man was found guilty of grabbing the victim's ponytail and pushing her mouth onto his penis until she vomited over the bed while he continued to verbally degrade her.
He raped his wife while verbally abusing her and another time while she pretended to be asleep.
He said he was 'going to smash her f****ing head in and put her in ICU as he was going to end it all and it was worth it'.
The accused sat with his head down in the dock wearing a mask when the jury delivered its verdict.
He hugged his father, who was supporting him throughout the trial, before being taken into custody.
Defence barrister Christopher Pearson said the accused did not have a criminal record.
He said he would request a psychological report be completed to help inform sentencing.
The accused will return to court in August for sentencing.
Affected by this story? There is help available. You can phone the Ballarat Centre Against Sexual Assault, in Sebastopol, on 5320 3933, or free-call the crisis care line 24 hours on 1800 806 292. Or phone Lifeline on 13 11 14 or Relationships Australia on 1300 364 277.
If you are seeing this message you are a loyal digital subscriber to The Courier, as we made this story available only to subscribers. Thank you very much for your support and allowing us to continue telling Ballarat's story. We appreciate your support of journalism in our great city.