Residents and recent visitors to Daylesford are being urged to monitor COVID-19 exposure sites as three were identified overnight.
It comes as Victoria recorded 450 new cases of the virus on Friday. Just 75 of those cases have been linked to known outbreaks so far, leaving 375 mystery cases.
Cliffy's Emporium and Springs Medical were both listed as tier one exposure sites by the state government on Friday night.
Anyone who attended Cliffy's Emporium on Tuesday, September 7 between 3.20pm and 8.45pm or Springs Medical on Wednesday, September 7 between 3.15pm and 4.30pm should get tested immediately and quarantine for 14 days.
Panchos Cafe has also been identified as a tier two site. Anyone who attended the site on Wednesday, September 8 between 10.20am and 11am should get tested immediately and isolate until they receive a negative result.
In response to the town's exposure, a pop-up drive-through testing site will be set up in Daylesford at Victoria Park on Ballan-Daylesford Road. It is expected to open sometime Saturday afternoon, with no booking required.
Other testing sites can be accessed by appointment at Daylesford Health on 5321 6654, Kyneton Health on 5422 9900 and the Ballarat UFS respiratory clinic on 4311 1571.
Speaking at a press conference on Saturday, Health Minister Martin Foley said there were eight new cases in regional Victoria in today's numbers.
These include five new cases in the City of Greater Geelong, one in Cohuna, one in Daylesford and one in Beveridge.
The cases came the day regional Victoria, with the exception of Shepparton, exited lockdown.
In response to a question if the release from lockdown would have been delayed in regards to the cases, Mr Foley told reporters "we can't go back in time", but he said what was important was the "story behind the numbers".
Mr Foley said the majority of these cases were linked to Melbourne, with the cases having travelled to the city for authorised work at childcare centres or on construction sites or for medical appointments. One case was still being investigated.
He urged regional Victorians to be vigilant in checking the list of exposure sites, to get tested, wear a mask and to get vaccinated.
He said there was no current public health advice for the regions to enter a snap lockdown.
Deputy Secretary Kate Matson also urged Ballarat residents to get tested if they have symptoms after repeated waste water detections of the virus.
"If you have symptoms, please don't brush it off and come and get tested," she said.
She added there would be increased testing in the region soon.
Mr Foley also announced that as of Sunday all women more than 24 weeks pregnant would get priority access to vaccination at all state run centres. It comes amid a rise in unvaccinated pregnant women and their babies becoming sick.
Monash Health obstetric services director, Associate Professor Ryan Hodges ,said COVID-19 infections made pregnant women five times more likely to need a hospital visit.
Half of those women, he said, would need emergency delivery of their baby, with a 25 per cent chance of a premature birth and the risk of having a stillborn doubled.
"We don't want to be delivering babies at 24 weeks," Dr Hodges said."These babies are tiny, they have significant short-term health problems, significant long-term health problems.
"We want to see them big, fat and strong at the end."
The 450 new cases bring the state's total number of active cases to 2793 with more than 42,000 test results received. Almost 40,000 vaccine doses were also administered on Friday.
Mr Foley said that more than 65 per cent of the population had now received a first dose of a vaccine.
The full list of COVID-19 exposure sites can be found here.
Our team of local journalists work hard to provide local, up-to-date news to the Ballarat community. This is how you can continue to access our trusted content: